Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Views from Disneyland Hotels

When deciding on which Disney hotel to stay in, some people first compare prices. Others look at the room sizes, amenities, and location. But what about the view a particular hotel has to offer? Does this thought ever cross your mind when planning a vacation?

The three hotels in the Disneyland Resort - the Disneyland Hotel, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel, and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel - all share differences in pricing and special offers. But the biggest difference comes when you compare the view outside their windows.

The Disneyland Hotel


The Disneyland Hotel: Is that Space Mountain I see? wdwinfo.com, 2008.

When you stay at the Disneyland Hotel, you're greeted with fantastic angles of every area in the Resort: Disneyland Park, Disney's California Adventure, and Downtown Disney. You can observe people as they hop on the Monorail just as easily as you can watch the fireworks in Disneyland at night. It's the classic hotel, so it's only natural to have the classic views.

Disney's Grand Californian Hotel


Grand Californian Hotel: The perfect way to end a day in Disneyland. Personal photo, 2007.

It's famous (infamous, even) for having some of the highest prices in Disneyland Resort, so technically Disney's Grand Californian Hotel should have some of the best photo opportunities, right? Well, yes. Depending on where you're at in the hotel, you've got the chance for some amazing views. You can see the entire DCA layout, watch the Disneyland Monorail whiz by, or observe the nightlife in Downtown Disney.

I've stayed at GCH three times in the past, so I've been able to experience each of these (well, except for the Monorail - I haven't been able to see that yet), and can easily say they're well worth the price. Plus, at night you've got a front row seat of the fireworks in Disneyland!

Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel


Paradise Pier Hotel: Wow, I think I can see my house from here! startedbyamouse.com, 2005.

And lastly, the often forgotten Paradise Pier Hotel. Cons aside, this hotel has some amazing views of not only DCA, but Anaheim as a whole. It wasn't named after the section of DCA for nothing, after all! In addition, guests are able to have a bird's-eye view of any parade happening in Disneyland's sister park.

So, what's your verdict? Tell me which hotel you think has the "best" view for the price!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never stayed at The Paradise Pier Hotel but I hear that it is the cheapest of the three. The view seems to be pretty spectacular though. I, however, am still loyal to my favorite-The Grand Californian!

Unknown said...

I think I have to go with the view from the Grand Californian. Seems to fit the decor extremely well.